- Click "Create Reminder" button on the daynote window to
create a reminder for a daynote.
- Reminders are delivered starting on the date specified by
you in the reminder dialog and continue until the reminder is removed.
- Reminders can optionally include:
- A link to web page ( URL
). To use, check the box on the reminder dialog and copy and
paste the URL from your web browser into the text field on the reminder
dialog. Make sure the leading 'http://' is included in the URL or the
web page won't launch.
email may be associated with a reminder and sent to yourself and/or others. To use, check the box on the
reminder dialog, type/copy/paste the email address( required for use ),
email subject ( optional ) and email message ( optional ). Please note the following regarding emails used with reminders:
- An email reminder is triggered at the same time as the visual/audible reminder dialog
reminder is sent only the first time the reminder is triggered. Subsequent
triggers won't send an email but the visual/audible dialog reminder remains until removed.
- Apple's Mail ™ application is used to send the email and must already be runnning when the reminder is triggered
email addresses may be entered separated by commas. However, total
address text is limited to 200 characters. Same limitation for subject
and message body.
- Other email clients are not supported at this
time, but with a little input from folks using other email clients this
should be possible. Please contact me if interested in helping.
- 'Enable access for assistive devices' must be turned on in System Preferences ( Universal Access )
- Reminders with emails are limited to one email per trigger date
- Reminder delivery/notification is performed when CCN X is launched or
when the computer date/time crosses into a new date.
- Reminder delivery/notification consists of 4 items:
- An alert/dialog box visually and audibly announces reminders are due
- The daynote(s) associated with the reminder(s)
- The web page ( URL ), if requested, is launched in the web
- Email, if requested, is sent ( but only the first time a reminder is triggered ).
- Reminders can be removed or modifed by clicking the "Modify
reminder" button on the daynote and the remove button on the reminder
- "Show All Daynote Reminders" on the Daynote menu opens all the
daynotes with assigned reminders. The same option is offered as a
button on the weekly view.
- Daynotes with reminders are also shown in Daynote List View.