CCN X functions are accessible from the menus. However, the
countdown date can only be set from the calendar window and daynote
display color is set via control-mouse click (contextual menu) on the
calendar dates. Daynotes can be opened from the Calendar, Weekly View
and Listview windows.
CCN X Menu
- About CCN X...: Displays version number of CCN X, registered user name
- Check for Newer Version...: Checks the CCN X web page for a newer
version and reports back in a dialog window. Requires a active live
- GoTo CCN X Web Page: Opens the default web browser and goes to the CCN X web page. Requires a active live internet connect
- Preferences: Choose hourly, half hour or silent chime, the age
(in days) to use for automatically deleting daynotes, pick
daynote highlighting on the calendar, set daynote AUTOSAVE to hour,
half hour, off. Starting calendar on Sunday or Monday. Hide/show CCN X
when in background and turn off help tags are some of the options
- Quit CCN X: Exits CCN X. All text in the Notes and Daynotes
windows, window placement on the desktop and which windows were open
are automatically saved. The windows open on exit, and their
placement, are restored the next time CCN X is started for List
view, weekly view, calendar, countdown
- Close: Closes the foreground window (any window!) Really nice when you need to close a bunch of daynote windows using CMD-W
- Register: Use this to enter the registration information sent to
you. Make sure you enter both your name and registration number
*exactly* as provided. Copying and pasting from the registration email
is easier and usually less prone to errors. Displays Thank you for
Registering when registered.
- Page Setup: Allows you to specify various settings for printing
such as paper size and scaling. Available when either the usernotes,
daynotes, weekly daynote view or monthly daynote view is open
- Print: Standard Apple printer dialog for printing. Available when
either the usernotes, daynotes or the weekly daynote view is open
- Weekly View: Shows the Weekly View for Daynotes. Provides
Previous/Next week viewing. An easy way to plan/assess your tasks for
the week. Click on 1 character dayname abbreviations (MTWTFSS in
English but shown in local language) across the top of the calendar
window to open the weekly view. Also, clicking on daynotes in the
weekly planner opens them
- Monthly View: Shows the Monthly View for Daynotes using the month
displayed in the calendar window. A shortcut to open is OPTION-click on
a day name on the calendar
- List View: Shows the List of all Daynotes in chronological
or reverse chronological order. Daynotes may be changed on list view
- Create Daynotes For Holidays: Creates a daynote for
each major US Holiday. Does an insert if daynote for date already exists
- Save Daynotes Now: Saves all daynotes to disk NOW. CCN X saves
daynotes upon exit but this forces the save immediately. If your Mac
has to be rebooted before exiting CCN X cleanly (i.e. system crash),
you will lose notes unless you use this or turn on AUTOSAVE in
- Export Daynotes To Text File: Creates a text file (defaults to
SimpleText type) of all of your daynotes in chronological order. Useful
for archiving old notes that you would like to keep but don't want
online with CCN X.
- Search Daynotes: Retrieves a list of daynotes containing the string of characters specified in the find.
- Create or Open User Note : Creates a new note pad (just like the
general notes) that you can save where you want and give it your own
name. CREATE option is for making a new note pad and OPEN allows you to
use an existing note pad you previosly created.
- Open Recent User Notes :List of recently opened usernotes for easy access
- Show Calendar: Displays the Calendar window in the position where it was last closed or brings to front if hidden.
- Show Current Date: Moves the Calendar window display to the
current month and year. Handy if you’ve been browsing in some
distant year or month and want to come back quickly without multiple
clicks using the forwards/backwards buttons. Also moves the weekly
calendar. A nice feature is to open both calendar and Weekly view and
change the calendar (via month/year buttons) to some other month year.
Now do Show Current Date and the Weekly view will move to that same
month and year.
- Goto Specific Year: You can enter any 4 digit year (e.g. 1944)
and the calendar displays it. Maybe you want to find out the DAY
someone was born? Also, avoids all those mouse clicks when the year is
the distant past or future. Shortcut to open is OPTION click on year
buttons (<< and >>)
- Show Countdown: Displays the CountDown window in the position
where it was last closed. A mouse click on the countdown days on the
bottom of the Calendar window also opens the CountDown window. This is
a countdown to a date in the future.
- Show or Set Timer: Displays window for starting or stopping the
realtime countdown timer Live display is shown on this same window.
Window can be closed without impacting the timer countdown. This is
like an egg timer for counting down for times less than 24 hours.
- Show Event List: Displays Event window. Allows event names and
dates to be entered, viewed, changed, sorted. Displays elapsed time in
most combinations of years, months and days.
- Show or Set Timer Log: Counts up (instead of down). Useful to
track project time on a computer. Allows pause/resume and logs to data
- Show or Set Time Zones: Set two time zones to track. Also displays local time.
- List of all open CCN X windows