Maintenance Tracker ( VMT ) collects vehicle
maintenance data and shows when
tasks are due. The
flexible format handles virtually any type of vehicle ( i.e. cars,
motorcycles, scooters, large vehicles etc. ). Mileage ( or kilometers
), costs, providers, service tasks and service dates are all tracked and saved.
Data input, on-screen reporting, and future maintenance are all available in
a convenient one window tabbed interface.
- About VMT...: Displays version number of VMT, registered user name
- GoTo VMT Web Page: Opens the default web browser and goes to the VMT web page. Requires a active live internet connect
- Preferences: Miles/Kilometers, Turn help tags on/off
VMT: Exits VMT. All data is automatically saved. Window placement is
saved and restored the next time VMT is started
Main Window - Four panes on the window provide the functionality:
- List of all open VMT windows
- VMT uses the System Preference "short" date ( see International
prefs, format tab ) to display dates. It expects a 10 character format
( or 8 if leading zeros are suppressed ) such as that shown
below. The format shown is mm/dd/yyyy but any 10 character format is
fine ( i.e. dd/mm/yyyy as in Europe or yyyy/mm/dd )
- The Add/View/Delete Maintenance pane provides three basic functions:
- New maintenance may be added via the block of data entry fields labeled "Add or Delete Maintenance"
- Existing maintenance ( as shown in the list on the bottom of the screen ) may be deleted
- Existing maintenance may be displayed based on date range selection
- Next Maintenance Due Pane
- Displays the dates and mileage ( or kilometers ) when the next maintenance is due for specific tasks and vehicles
name and service task are selected from the pop-up menus followed by
pressing the "Show" button.
- This pane is effectively inoperative if data has not been entered via pane 1. The popup menus will be empty.
- Costs and Distance
- Shows the Total Cost, Average Monthly Cost, Total
Distance and Average Monthly Distance for a selected vehicle, task and
- This pane requires the data entered via pane 1. If maintenance has not been entered on pane 1, the popups will be empty.
- Report formats available ( so far ) are:
- Sorted alphabetically by vehicle with tasks for a vehicle
also sorted alphabetically. Service dates are sorted in reverse
chronological order within service task
- Service date sorted in reverse chronological order with vehicle and service task sorted alphabetically.
- Provider sorted alphabetically with vehicles sorted alphabeticaly and service dates in reverse chronological order